Tuesday, January 3, 2012

T-minus 30 days



Thirty days until my first mercury amalgam removal session. 

Did you know "silver" amalgam fillings are actually 50% mercury?  Did you know that mercury is incredibly toxic?  Did you know it's more toxic than lead, arsenic, or cadmium?  Isn't it surprising that so many dentists have used mercury in our mouths, of all places?  

Fortunately not all dentists use mercury.  By the way, I have the best dentist in the Portland area for mercury removal.  Dr. Jeffrey Williamson, DDS of Centerpointe Dental.  I met with Dr. Williamson and his staff in October to begin scheduling the removal of my mercury fillings.   Everyone at the clinic was very professional, knowledgeable, and supportive.  

Due to the age of these fillings and my less than ideal remaining enamel, six out of seven of the teeth with amalgam fillings will need crowns.  This makes my project much more expensive, which is why I am waiting until the first of February to start the work.  The second half of my mercury fillings will be removed and teeth crowned 30 days later.

Today I had my final session with my nutritional counselor, Elisabeth Dunham Gerding.  She helping me compile my list of pre-detox supplements and recommendations.  Tomorrow I visit my family doctor.


No comments:

Post a Comment